Organic baby bedding and sleepwear are more popular than ever. But what does organic mean and what are the benefits for you and your baby? Here Naturalmat explains and gives 5 reasons to choose organic baby bedding.
When you choose organic, you choose products that promote a better world. This means higher levels of animal welfare, lower levels of pesticides, no manufactured herbicides or artificial fertilisers and more environmentally sustainable management of the land and natural environment. Products carrying the Soil Association symbol are made from organic fibres meaning they have met strict environmental and social criteria during processing and have been certified by an independent, third party along the whole supply chain. The Soil Association was a founder member of GOTS – the Global Organic Textile Standard – look for the Soil Association or the GOTS symbol when buying organic cotton.
Organic Cotton bedding has the following benefits for your baby:
- Kinder to babies skin Organic fibres are grown without using harmful pesticides and have no allergenic, carcinogenic or toxic chemicals, making them ideal for babies sensitive skin and those with allergies such as eczema or rashes.
- Comfortable Pure 100% cotton is soft to the touch keeping babies comfortable all through the night.
- Breathable Natural fibres are more breathable which makes them ideal for bedding and sleepwear. When it is warm they help to disperse heat and when it is warm they trap it. This helps to avoid your baby overheating and waking up in the night.
- Durable These natural fabrics last well especially after machine washing.
- Better for the environment With no harmful manufacturing chemicals in organic textile production, it’s better for wildlife and workers. Social conditions are high in organic textile factories, and organic cotton production can help farmers find a way out of poverty. This helps to create a better world for your baby to grow up in.
Naturalmat organic bedding is certified by the Soil Association and made according to GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard). So your baby can enjoy the most natural night’s sleep.
Save 10% on Naturalmat organic baby bedding (in sizes up to cotbed) with the discount code TGF16. Ends 31.12.16.